Transform with Care Groups Our care groups encourage and uplift individuals who are caring for loved ones going through a life-altering medical situation.
Schedule & Topics Our care support groups are a safe space to talk and share. You are not alone. Through sharing, your strength will encourage and uplift others. View the schedule and topic of discussion below.
Breathe- Happiness Is Fast Approaching Dr. April D. Ivey, LCSW-C, CCTP
Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical, Maryland License Number 18362, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Certification Number 739682
Dr. April D. Ivey Psychotherapist, Social Worker, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
April began her journey as a health care leader at the age of 14, as as support personnel for I-CARE Home Health Care Services. She excelled in school while maintaining her healthcare position. April graduated Howard University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and 2012 with a Master of Social Work Concentration in Mental Health. April received her Doctorate of Clinical Social Work at the University of Pennsylvania in May 2022.
April is an enthusiastic, hard-working clinician with 19 years of experience in health and human services. Her background includes clinical supervision, as well as direct practice psychotherapeutic services for diverse populations. For nearly 2 decades, April has been 100% committed to learning and advocating for those who need it most.
- Licensed in two states: Maryland, and Virginia, including the District of Columbia.
- Worked in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient, community-based, and detox…
- Connected to various physicians, healthcare providers, and core service agencies in DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Currently conducting systematic review Research at the University of Pennsylvania.
- International-based experience providing community service and English learning lessons to impoverished children in Ecuador.
- Passionate about meeting the needs of others and continuing the journey of professional, academic, and scholarly development.
Live Your Best Years
Health care management is the perfect solution for clients who don't know where to start in the health care arena. Our health care manager provides guidance, support and advocacy for clients to ensure they receive the best care possible
We modify your home, so you don't have to modify your life! Home modification management helps clients in need of alterations to their home for design purposes, as well as safety and to accommodate a new mobility status.
On an airplane, the attendant reminds us in case of an emergency, to put the oxygen mask on ourselves first and then on our neighbor. Our care groups encourage and uplift individuals who are caring for loved ones who are going through a life-altering situation to "breathe first" in life.